Friday, December 15, 2006

Rumours of my Death have been Greatly Exaggerated

Call off the search! I'm still alive! Well, if you can call what I do "living", at any rate. Yes, this has been a break between posts of unprecedented length (three weeks!), and I wish that I had something meatier to offer after such a delay, but alas, this is not the case. I've been very busy both at and away from work as of late (incidentally, I'm cautiously optimistic that I might be promoted to an introductory database administration position in the new year), with a .NET push being responsible for the earlier and a combination of trying to finish an involved ASL scenario before Christmas, trying to finish Ultimate Alliance before Stefan moves to Japan, and trying to spend as much time as possible with Veronica (for anyone who's not yet heard, we're an item now) responsible for the latter.

With all of that, I've just simply not had time to write any posts of my typical length, although I have actually had a few suitable topics for once after spending some quality time with Rayman and his titular Raving Rabbids, losing track of time while playing SNES SimCity on my Wii, having my ass handed to me by my 6-year-old cousin in Wii Sports, and watching helplessly as my life was destroyed utterly by Bookworm Adventures Deluxe. I even had post titles for some of them, which is the point after which my posts typically write themselves. Unfortunately, they need a few free hours to do that, and those hours are simply not there. In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with a picture of what I found on my office chair when I got in to work this morning, but I don't have a digital camera. In any case, I assure you that my new obsessive compulsive action figure is hilarious. He comes with his own hypoallergenic moist towelette! I have yet to figure out who left it, but I have my suspicions...

Update: *slaps forehead* I forgot that the Internet exists again. Here's a picture that I found on-line:


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I guessed about the relationship, or possibilty of earlier on...some comment being made that I forget about I suppose. But now it's confirmed. That's good then.
I love the action figure. I wish I thought of that.

Friday, December 15, 2006 11:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. Hold the Nunchuck! A girlfriend? You can't just casually drop this into the blog without some deets! Inquiring minds want to know.

First off: She is a real person -she's not some avatar, or plastic chick, right?

Ok, assuming she is a real person. How did you meet her? Online chat room, live gaming, share a little PL/SQL code at work? Does she live around here or is this a long distance relationship, thingy? Did you ask her on a date or did she ask you?

There's so much stuff here - I think she has to be the topic of your next post. You've been an item for a few weeks, come on, she must deserve that.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I'm pretty sure that I should decline to reply on principle alone after your use of the word "deets", but for what it's worth:

Veronica, aka Vern, aka Cavernio, leaves comments on this blog semi-regularly. She lives here in Fredericton, we've been officially dating for ~2 months, and we've been friends since high school. That's about all that I'm inclined to share, and a post about her would be largely redundant anyway, since ~80% of my readers know her.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too think you should make a post about your girlfriend :-p

I also think I should get some sort of special by-pass to your annoying filter.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, nevermind about a post about my usual favorite topic (myself). You should post about New Years. Maybe I should post about New Years.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Vern, you should tell us about New Years, Jordan,...
or Vern can in her own words,... Maybe she has a different perspective of what happened on New Years,...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

them's fightin' punctuation

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tisk tisk tisk...skin goes up ...blogging goes down!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home